4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Formatting a Report (Access XP)

I have a database which includes modules to generate reports and e-mail them to multiple recipients. The reports if printed locally, look fine, but after being through the SendObject method using HTML format which appears to permit very little in the way of formatting, they contain the info I want to send, but not in a very readable format.

I've tried using RTF which is a big improvement, but appears not to let me include corporate logos. Snapshot viewer is not really an option, as the report goes to members at home pcs, most of whom will not have the snapshot viewer.

Are there any solutions which would let me issue a noicely formatted report, including a logo.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formatting a Report (Access XP)

Everybody can download the snapshot viewer,and if that is a problem, you could distribute it on CD-ROM or on two diskettes. Snapshot or PDF format are really the only ways of distributing a formatted report to people who don't have Access.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Not directly. You could print the report to a PDF printer to create a PDF file, or you could print it to a picture format using something like http://progrex.narod.ru/ptp.html. Exporting to RTF format will always lose graphics. By the way, the link is to a Russian site and the text is in Russian. The second link is the application, the top link is the help file, and the download is very, very slow.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PDF format could be the answer. I'd forgotten about that.

I'll try that first.

Thanks

Colin