New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2000 SP 3 Update (Office 2000 (9.0.4402 SR-1))

I am running Office 2000 and Windows 98. I haven

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2000 SP 3 Update (Office 2000 (9.0.4402 SR-1))

John--

I don't pretend to know all the tricks with this and Kaplinb and others will no doubt have some ideas but one thing that can create these error messages with Office updates is an antivirus so try turning off your antivirus and firewall to get this install in. See for reference--I know this is not exactly on point to an Office 2000 SP3 install but it has some semblance and it came up among the KB's searching your exactly worded problem:

<A target="_blank" HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211326&Product=ofw2k">211326:
    WD2000: Error Messages When You Save File with Low Hard Disk Space</A>

KB Search on Error

SMBP

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2000 SP 3 Update (Office 2000 (9.0.4402 SR-1))

It's hard to say the exactly cause of your error without some details: how big your hard drive is, how it is partitioned and how much empty space left. Try to run Scandisk and Disk Defragmenter first (Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools). Also empty Recycling Bin, delete temporary files and purge Internet Explorer cache (use Disk Cleanup utility for it) before defragmenting.

Also it is better to download SP3 patch to your hard drive first and run it from there rather than from the network. "Corrupted cab file" message can be result of slow network connection.

I presume you have SR-1 (SR-1a) already installed - it is pre-requirement for SP3. If you will encounter problems to recognize installation CD when prompted, copy entire CD to separate folder on your hard drive and point Installer to it. Probably you have Disk 2 installed - it is always "Premium". If you have some Office components installed from Premium Disk 1 and some from Professional Disk 1, Installer most likely will ask you for CD from which the latest installation was made.

If you use Outlook, don't forget to install Ken Slovak Attachment Options after upgrading to SP3.