2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reports To Word (2000 SR-1)

I'm trying to output a report to a Word file, but the footer doesn't always line up. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I've attached a scrambled sample file, in which the bottom part of the footer pushes to the next page.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reports To Word (2000 SR-1)

The export to RTF is notoriously weak. You may be able to tweak it by playing around with section sizes and margins in Access, but in my opinion, that's more trouble than it's worth. If you want good-looking output, consider exporting to snapshot format or to PDF. If you really need to export to Word regularly, consider writing a macro in Word to clean up the document, or to create the output using Automation. The latter is a lot of work, but you have complete control over how the document is going to look. Moderator <!profile=WendellB>WendellB<!/profile> has a tutorial on hie website (see his profile.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do you output to PDF? I couldn't find it in the list of format options for the OutputTo method.

Thanks,
    Bob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

PDF is not a standard format. You need special software to create PDF files. Everybody can view and print PDF files using the free Adobe Reader.

PDF was designed by Adobe. The "official" software to create PDF files is Adobe Acrobat, which is not cheap, but there are cheaper alternatives, even "free" ones (the latter usually come with with advertisements, or with limitations), for example pdf995.