2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Spell Check (XP)

I have noticed that the language will change sometimes. It is a big pain because I then have to try and change it back to canada. I have even changed the setting in the control panel. But, my language will still change. I have also change the setting where it detects the language and that has helped a bit, any reason why it does it and how to make it stop?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spell Check (XP)

Have you set your keyboard to Canadian English? (In Windows XP, this is in the Regional Settings control panel, Languages tab, Details; in older Windows versions, it was in the Keyboard control panel)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok I have just changed that. What difference would that make. LOL I just went to add a question mark and I cant because i have an US keyboard and when I go to add a question mark I get

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Chona:
    There are several things that affect the language choice. Here are 3 threads that discussed Language Defaults. Two have already been culled, but try this thread: <post#=270936>post 270936</post#>.
    Cheers,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There are two independent keyboard settings: the keyboard language and the keyboard layout. What matters for Word is the language, not the layout.

On my system, for example, keyboard language is set to Dutch, but keyboard layout is set to US, since my Dell came with a standard US keyboard.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Another thing to look for is that some Styles have an associated language. Even if you change the entire document to the correct language, next time you change styles you might pick up the wrong language again.

StuartR