Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Default Font Size Won't Reset (Pro - SP1a)

I set up a (hand-crafted) custom appearance - retaining the XP style but customising the Fonts and Font Sizes. One of my Font choices was Browallia New - which meant upping the Font Size significantly. I decided I didn't like it and tried to go back to the default.

But one of the Font Sizes has got "stuck" - see the attachment. All other Font Sizes have reverted to "normal" - except this one (which I think may be Message Box). If I try to instate another scheme, neither the Font Size nor the Font itself will now budge. Perhaps a Registry Value may have to be adjusted. Any ideas?
    Gre

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default Font Size Won't Reset (Pro - SP1a)

Does this survive a reboot? It looks like there is something wrong with your font cache.

The setting is indeed Message Box in the Advanced Appearance dialog (Advanced button in the Appearance tab of the Display Properties control panel). Unfortunately, this corresponds to a binary registry value MessageFont in HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktopWindowMetrics. If you're feeling adventurous, export HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktopWindowMetrics, then delete the MessageFont entry.

Or perhaps C:WindowsSystem32Fntcache.dat is the culprit... I don't have TweakUI on the PC I'm using at the moment. Does it have a setting to rebuild this, like for the icon cache?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It has a "Rebuild font folder" but I don't see "Rebuild font cache"

StuartR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I see that now too. Might be worth a try.