Thanks

Control Box's (Excel 2000 and XP)

After I insert a "Control" box, and then click on Format Control, I am not able to format the control. What I am seeing is 4 tabs on the Format Control box, these are labeled Size, Protection, Properties and Web. The 5th tab "Control" is M.I.A. so at this point if I need to use a control box I have to copy one from an existing spread sheet. Any ideas? This has just occured
    Thanks
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Control Box's (Excel 2000 and XP)

Use the controls from the Forms toolbar instead of from the Controls Toolbox.
    Legare Coleman

Thanks

ok thanks....should I slap myself upside the head now or later for forgetting that...
    Thanks
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks

If you don't want to use the FORMS controls (as Legare suggested) since you have more options with the control toolbox ones:

Right click on the control (while in design mode) and choose properties. Here you can change the color, font, linkedcell, range, etc.

The FORMS have much fewer properties. The FORMS controls do however (in addition to being simpler to use) have the advantage that they may be added as controls to a chart sheet.

Steve

Thanks

thanks steve,
    I tried that and I do like it. However I must be doing something wrong. After I set the parameters, cell ranges, and then close that. I cannot seem to click on the items in the control box unless I am in the edit mode. When I put my cursor over a number to click on or try to use the scroll bars all I get is the 4-way arrow if you know what I mean? help on that one? what am I doing wrong here
    Thanks
    Thanks John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You must toggle Design Mode off using the first button on the Control Toolbox. If you want to edit the properties of the control later on, use the same button to toggle Design Mode on again.