Lounger
    Thanks

Index of Knowlede Base (2003)

I once had a file that contained an index of all the MSD knowledge base artilces, indexed by several criteria. Does such an animal still exist? If so, how do I get my hands on it?

Thanks

Re: Index of Knowlede Base (2003)

That would be an immense document. I don't think such a thing exists. However, there are lists and lists at kbalertz.com that might satisfy your needs.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Daniell--

Great question, but as Jefferson says, we're talking actually thousands of articles--remembering that they continue support in a lot of categories including the less frequently sold software and all the servers, hardware, ect. for several years. KB Alertz is an excellent site--I try to go and just skim in a few favorite categories. If you take MSKB and mix it with a few obvious search terms you will find a lot of key current area lists for Win 2K, XP, and the OS's and many of the Office versions--many of them are kept by large companies for the convenience of their employees.

Long lists exist on the web categorized by topic, subject for your convenience, and someone keeps count of every KB "deep in Redmond" and I think I could get you a number but it's got to be huge.

Maybe the gentleman who maintains KB Alertz keeps a convenient list of sites. You could try him.

SMBP

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip on kbalretz.

Lounger
    Thanks

I guess the earlier index from an 'earlier and gentler time' when there weren't so many products and releases to worry about. The kbartz site looks interesting and may have some of the answers I'm looking for.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

As you know, they keep coming out with versions and software and they update Office nearly every two years and they were updating the OS versions about every two--now it will be about a five year gap from XP to Longhorn aka Foghorn which is going to be the most systemic change in a Windows OS in their history in the most areas--hence the longer gap to release and of course Daniell that brings a large number of KB's with it. KB Alertz is a nice resource because he seems to have a pipeline into catching all the KB's as they come out--in the large number of categories he lists--that would take an awful lot of time on your own--I have a very hard time just getting to my "do not miss daily sites" every day--and I don't get that done some times. History and temp files and tifs and delaying a reboot can help, but it won't always capture/preserve the previous date's page because they get updated.

SMBP