Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

PHP web form/ mail (Any)

First up, apologies if this is inappropriate to this forum, dumb question etc.

Problem is that I've been asked to help out someone with a PHP script to process a web mail form (something I've never done before). I have a sample of an HTML page and a corresponding mailer.php file provided. Most of the modifications I'd have to make seem straightforward, since it's just a matter of changing the names of text inputs. BUT there's no examples of how to deal with the radio buttons (one pair) and checkboxes the person wants on his new version of the web form.

I'd really appreciate it if somebody could post a sample code snippet (if it's as easy as I hope it will be) or point me to a direct link for dealing with these controls specifically. There's a ton of PHP stuff out there... too much in fact to zero in on the specific information I need.

thanks

Alan

Thanks

Re: PHP web form/ mail (Any)

PHP is all server-side, right? So your form would consist of standard HTML controls that you can insert from FP's Insert>Form menu, and you would match up the names of the controls with the names expected by your script. (Or maybe I'm just missing the problem completely.)

Thanks

Sorry, I guess I missed the point. For information about checkboxes, see the thread starting with <post#=288962>post 288962</post#>. For radio buttons, we had a thread on client-side validation (starting with <post#=247016>post 247016</post#>), but I'm not sure that helps you. In ASP, I have this type of code:

EXCERPT FROM FORM:

<td CLASS="bld" valign="top">Type of Search:

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Jefferson. I've checked out the links you mentioned, and hopefully they'll provide the answers I need. It sounds like a fairly simple requirement, but it's always a bit difficult when you've never delved into it before.

cheers

Alan