2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Computer won't power down

I have my computer set to turn the monitor off after 15 minutes under power schemes under display settings, However, the screen saver stays on all the time instead of going into standby mode. The hard disk appears to stop spinning but the computer really doesn't go into "standby mode." What am I doing wrong? I have TweakUI installed and I know sometimes that changes things a bit. Any ideas??? Thanks...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Computer won't power down

A question please - is this a laptop running on battery? If not, why do you use standby? I also think that you should set screensaver to NONE if you're going to use "power" to turn off the monitor. Those two may be conflicting with one another, but I'm not sure. My personal belief is that I don't use hard drive shutdown or standby, only power-down for the monitor. Give that a try and see if the problem stops. I must admit however, that every once in awhile, something I do with my computer causes the monitor power-down to stop working. I have to go back, reset it and click Apply and it resumes working. I have no idea what causes it to cease. But, I do have hard drive and standby set to NEVER.