2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Form & Subform 'Undo' (Access 2000)

I have a main order form and it contains a sub-form with a number of the order details. The form & it's contorls are bound to a datasource.

There's a 'Cancel & Exit' command button that basically runs the 'Undo' menu option. This works fine for the parent form, but if the user has made any amendments to the order details of the sub-form, these are not undone.

I understand that the undo command is working on a single record at a time & that it wouldn't know which of the sub-form records to undo.....but is there an easy way to wrap the whole order in some sort of transaction so that if the user chooses 'Cancel & Exit', none of the changes are saved.

I could do in code I suppose, but I'm hoping for an easy property or something that just needs setting...!!

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form & Subform 'Undo' (Access 2000)

Not, there is no property to take care of this. You must write code for it. Microsoft provides an example in the Sample Forms database. You can download it from ACC2000: Microsoft Access 2000 Sample Forms Database Available in Download Center.

See ACC2000: Unable to Undo or Rollback Main Form and Subform Changes for an explanation why there is no 'easy' solution.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form & Subform 'Undo' (Access 2000)

Thanks for the links Hans, very helpful.