2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Putting the Outlook mailing adress in a Word doc (XP SP2)

I have perhaps a hundred Outlook contacts with an address (Home, Office etc) which is marked as the mailing address. In Word I have a template I use for a letter.

When I want to write a letter to someone I locate the contact in Outlook, highlight the mailing address and Copy it. Then I switch back to my Word document and Paste it in.

Is there a better way?

Note: I have tried the following: opening the contact and choosing New|Office Document|Word document. Outlook just hangs on me (Not Responding) and I have to close it manually.

Some qualifications: I use Windows XP; I never need to send the same letter to multiple correspondents; I usually highlight the address in the Word document after printing it so that I can print an envelope. I often don't save the letter after printing. I often need three things from Outlook: I need the name, the company and the mailing address. I could live with always getting these three items even if one or two of them aren't needed in any one letter.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Putting the Outlook mailing adress in a Word doc (XP SP2)

Have you tried the Address Book button in the Standard toolbar in Word? (If it's not on your toolbars, select Tools | Customize...; activate the Commands tab; select Inset in the Categories list; the Address Book button is near the end in the Commands list; drag it to one of your toolbars)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Putting the Outlook mailing adress in a Word d

Hi John:
    You should be able to insert names from your Outlook contact list directly into Word; I know I can with Word 2000. You can go to Tools/Customize... & add the Insert Address button to a toolbar by dragging it. Clicking the drop down arrow should let you scroll your names. I believe that there were some threads on changing the Autotext entry for the address field, so you could customize it. If I can find it, I'll add to this post. See the attached picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Putting the Outlook mailing adress in a Word doc (XP SP2)

John,

What you have to do in Word is create an autotext entry called

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Will this work with Public Contact Folders on an Exchange Server as well? - Thanks.

Thanks

I don't have Exchange Server, but if you can get the GAL or other public address list to show in the address book dialog in Outlook, it should carry over to Word.