New Lounger
    Thanks

MxDataGrid Display Problems

Hi All,

I am new to using Asp.Net and I have found myself in a little bit of a pickle!!! What I have is an MxDataGrid (attached to an AccessDataSouceControl) displaying 4 columns (Name1, ID2 & Name2) I need to make the Name2 field a link (to a generic page) and I need it to pass the value from the field ID2 to the next page. However I have no idea how to go about doing this. I would also like to be able to make the ID2 column not display on the page but I still need to be able to access the values in this column.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Vicki

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MxDataGrid Display Problems

Hi Vicki,

You mentioned MxDataGrid - are you using Dreamweaver as your development tool? I've stayed mostly within Visual Studio, so my suggestions will come with that in mind, but should still be applicable even if you used Notepad to write the code...

What you need here is a Template Column rather than a Bound Column. You can build the controls you choose in a template column, rather than being tied to a single value in a Bound colum. The syntax for the colum would be like this:<pre><asp:TemplateColumn headertext="My Column Name">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <a href='<%# "YourPage.aspx?p=" &
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "YourParameterValue") %>'>
    <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "YourLinkName") %></a>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateColumn> </pre>

Notice, I entered the name of an ASPX page with the querystring parameter of "p", then the value of the parameter which will come from my selected database field ("YourParameterName"). Finally, I added the text of the link from another Database field ("YourLinkName').

For more details, search Google for "ASP.NET Template Column"

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MxDataGrid Display Problems

Thanks for that I have managed to get it to do what I wanted it to do! You are a legend!!