3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2003 and Adobe-the sequel (Office 2003 Pro and Adobe 5.05)

Computing life is filled with surprises - occasionally of the pleasurable sort!
    I did a repair of my Office 2003 installation, as it was looking for the installation whenever I tried to open up Word.
    All went smoothly, and on completion the Adobe buttons were present and correct in Word and PowerPoint- and functioned normally to convert both file types to pdf. Hence I can recommend a simple cure for the problem I struggled with for some time. Hope it works for others!
    Dianne

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2003 and Adobe-the sequel (Office 2003 Pro and Adobe 5.05)

Dianne--

Did you use the forced Detect and Repair "command" from the Help menu or the automatic Detect and Repair from the installation?

SMBP

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2003 and Adobe-the sequel (Office 2003 Pro and Adobe 5.05)

I used the "detect and repair" command from the Help menu.
    Office seemed confused by having two versions on the machine, despite them being on different drives. The repair corrected this so that Office 2003 programs open much more quickly, and had the fringe benefit of capturing the Adobe buttons and functions in the process.
    Strange but true! Certainly didn't happen with the initial full install of Office 2003, but the repair did the trick in getting Adobe function back.