2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting .tif files (Access 2000)

Is there any way that I can automatically (having batch scaned about 70 letters) that I can insert these into a database. Or does anyone know of any software taht will do this?
    Thanks
    Allison

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting .tif files (Access 2000)

I strongly recommend not storing images in a database. It is a certain cause of bloating the size of the database, for Access will store not only the .tif files, but also an uncompressed bit map for each of them.

It is much better to store the paths of the files in a table; you can either hyperlink to them, so that they will open in whatever viewer you have for .tif files, or display them in an unbound image control. See <post#=296892>post 296892</post#> for a demo database that demonstrates how to do the latter.

If all .tif files are in a single folder (and if there are no other .tif files in that folder, you could use VBA code to populate a table with the file names. If you need that, I or somebody else can help.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting .tif files (Access 2000)

Thanks - that is very helpful - I'll have to go and hae a think about this - I may return!
    Allison