2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Full Screen Mode (IE 6.01 SP1)

I have a Windows XP SP1 PC. I want to run IE in full screen mode but permanently display the task bar over the top of IE. I have set the task bar properties to lock taskbar and always on top, however when I switch IE into full screen mode the task bar is displayed behind IE. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Full Screen Mode (IE 6.01 SP1)

Full screen is umm, well, full screen, i.e. the browser window fills the entire screen and is on top of everything else, including the Task Bar. This is by design.

If you set the Task Bar to Auto Hide, it will pop up over the full-screen browser if you move the mouse pointer to the bottom edge of the screen (or to be more precise, to the edge where you have placed the Task Bar.)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The attached settings may be what you are trying to achieve. You have to "coax" the TaskBar out of AutoHide, but, once it comes out, it does stay out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

You can also get to the taskbar in Full Screen mode by pressing Ctrl+Esc (or Windows key). However, on my OS (Win 98 SE), clicking on the browser puts it back on top. I don't have the ability to lock the taskbar.