New Lounger
    Thanks

Freezes up when I put in PCI card (Windows XP)

After realizing my NIC card was not working, I removed a 4 port USB port PCI card and after I did that, my NIC card worked. As soon as I put in my 4 port USB back in, it freezes, no matter how many times I try. Why aren't my NIC and my USB PCI card compatible?????

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Freezes up when I put in PCI card (Windows XP)

Did you check either of them on what used to be called Microsoft's Hardware Compatibility List (HCL), but is now the Windows Catalog (hardware)?
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Neither one of these are on the list. They both work separately , just not at the same time. As soon as I pop one into the slot, my computer freezes. What does it mean when neither one are on this list but do work separately with XP?

Thanks

Were they working together at all, at any time or just after you added one or the other?
    It sounds like they are both trying to grab the same IRQ by default.

Go into Device Manager> highlight My Computer>click view>by connection. Look for any yellow flags in there ( or any other place in DM ) which would indicate a connection clash.
    If you see any IRQ clash, you can move one or the other off the problem IRQ and use another spare one.

Bob
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!