New Lounger
    Thanks

Win2k / IIS / Index Server

Hi,

When querying index server through a web page, I am asked if I want to open/download the IDQ file, rather than IIS using the IDQ file to give me my results. Does anyone have any idea what I have or haven't done?

I've tried deleting and recreating both the catalog and website, but to no avail. I would be very grateful if someone could help me! [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

*slowly turning insane*

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Win2k / IIS / Index Server

Is the IDQ extension associated with any particular program within Windows? You're getting this prompt because Windows doesn't have a program registered to handle the file type.
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

That's the problem. IIS should be recognising the IDQ file as a search command, and processing it accordingly. Is there any way to force IIS to do this?

Thanks

Due to a buffer overflow or other security flaw, a lot of IIS servers got their indexing services turned off. This now might be the default configuration. Can you confirm that the service is running?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yep, both IIS and Index Server are running. I can even query within index server (there's a search page in there somewhere) and it returns the correct results. I just can't do it from a web page [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]