New Lounger
    Thanks

Design Templates Don't Show (PPT2000 - Win2K)

I have downloaded and created some new templates & stored them in the Microsoft Office/Templates/Presentations Designs folder. When I choose Format ... Apply Design Template, the new templates show up. But, when I choose File ... New, I only see the templates that came with Office. How do I get my new templates to show up on the File ... New list?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Design Templates Don't Show (PPT2000 - Win2K)

Start Word (yes, that's right, Word)
    Select Tools | Options...
    Activate the File Location tab.
    Note the setting for User Templates. If you can't see it completely, click Edit..., then open the Look In dropdown list to see the complete path.
    Move or copy your templates to this folder (the User Templates setting is shared by all Office applications.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

That didn't work. I moved all of my new templates & now they don't appear anywhere (under File ... New OR Format ... Apply Design Template). I think I'll move them back - at least then I can see them under one of the menu options.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What happens if you create a new presentation, select Save As, and select Design Template (*.pot)? On my PC, the dialog automatically switches to the User Templates folder as described in my previous reply. If I save the template, then select File | New..., it is visible in the General tab of the Templates dialog. This is the folder you should use.

Admittedly, I'm working with PowerPoint 2002, but I remember exactly the same behavior from PowerPoint 97, so I don't think PowerPoint 2000 would behave completely differently.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You might check the two articles on locating and storing your templates. The techniques are different in PPT 2003 than in previous versions.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, that cleared it up!