New Lounger
    Thanks

Unexpected font change (Outlook 2002 SP-2)

My settings are for sending mail in plain text using the built-in editor (not Word!). After composing a new e-mail message and requesting a receipt, the font changes from what appears to be Courier to a narrower sans-serif font. The strange thing is that portions of the message retain the original font. It only does this when I request a receipt.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have searched the archives and not found any mention of this phenomenon. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Unexpected font change (Outlook 2002 SP-2)

I haven't noticed that particular chain of events, but I have seen the font flip at other times. Here's something to try: when it does that, press Ctrl+S to save a copy to the Drafts folder. When I do this, the message body switches from Arial (I think) back to Courier New (my default for plain text). Weird.

But if your format is actually changing to Rich Text or HTML, then you have a more serious problem.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unexpected font change (Outlook 2002 SP-2)

You might try turning off "List Fonts in their names" This is a known bug in some situations. Right click on your main toolbar, choose customize, click the options tab.