2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Swollen dB (2000 on windows xp, sp1)

I have a few different access front-end db's linking to sql server back-end. they are pretty similar in functionality and are linked to tables of similar sizes. One out of three is about 25 times bigger than the rest! Any idea how or why this could have happened. I compact it on close, and ran the compact & repair function myself, so it's not that. Any other possibilities re: how it could have swelled up like that?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Swollen dB (2000 on windows xp, sp1)

Did you check if new database objects have appeared in the problem front-end, perhaps unintentionally, such as a temporary table that should have been deleted but wasn't?

If you can't find anything, you can import all database objects from the problem front-end into a new blank database. You'll have to set the startup options again. After verifying that it works OK, replace the problem front-end with the new one.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans. No new database objects appeared. I'm working on getting rid of the tables and then slowly adding them back.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I found the culprit. One of the tables was unusually big. Sorry for troubling you with this, Hans. I thought there might have been some sort of corruption lurking beneath the surface, but it was really pretty straight-forward.