Lounger
    Thanks

Shading for Printed Outlook 2002 Calendars (2002 SP-2)

I just recently was upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2002 SP-2. When I was using Outlook 2000, whenever I printed my calendar the appointments had gray shading and the portions of the calendar that had no appointments didn't have shading. Now under Outlook 2002 the shading has disappeared and its more difficult to read the appointment. I discovered that when I click Print I can edit the defined style of calendar print. When I do so I notice that there is a check box for "Print using gray shading". This box IS checked but the printed calendar doesn't have the shading. I tried unchecking, exiting Outlook, then restarting Outlook and reselecting this check box but it had no effect on the problem. I have found nothing in TechNet on this. Its not the printer because I have tried printing to several different printers. None show the shading on the calendar print.
    Does anyone know if this is a known bug (it appears to be)?
    Does anyone know how to get my calendar shading back for the printed calendar?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shading for Printed Outlook 2002 Calendars (2002 SP-2)

My first suspicion would be that when you upgraded, default settings in you printers drivers included a setting to "Print all text as black", or perhaps "Print grayscales" is unchecked.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

I checked the Properties for my Printer in Control Panel but did not see either of the two options you mentioned nor anything resembling them.
    My printers are monochrome HP laserjet printers. Where, specifically would such default options be located?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

In the old laserjet 5Si drivers I use it's under Finishing, Details. But there is a lot of variability in Printer setting dialogs, and it may not even be the problem.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

My printer is an HP laserjet 8150DN. One of the newer models but as you say, I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks

This is rather random, but... try turning on the setting in Internet Explorer to print backgrounds.

IE>Tools>Internet Options...>Advanced tab>Printing
    turn on Print Background Colors and Images

This can be very wasteful of toner on the web, so most people keep it off, but as more and more parts of Windows and Office use IE behind the scenes, I thought it could possibly be related.

Lounger
    Thanks

Tried it but that didn't solve the problem.