3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Time Clock - Wall time and work time (VB 6, Acces 2k)

I need to create a form where I can enter a Start date/time and End date/time. But, it needs more. I would like to be able capture the entire wall clock of a record... From the TIme I start working on it until the time it is finished. Lets way at 1:30 pm I start to work on something. 20 min. into the job I discover I need another file and I have to wait until someone sends it to me. Can I put the job time to sleep so it stops capturing time. Then when i get the file i can start the clock again so I only capture the time I was working with it? And in another field capture the whole time from start to finish including the time I had to wait?

Start time: 1:30 pm Paused at 2:35 pm until 3:03 pm. start the clock because I started to process the job at 3:03 until 4:00 pm when I finished. I would like only the time spent on processing and not on hold.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Time Clock - Wall time and work time (VB 6, Acces 2k)

How about having 2 Access tables: a parent table describing the job, and a child table with timing records, each having a start and a stop time. When you start work on a job, a new child record is created. When you stop work, the last child record is updated with the stop time. This should work for single-sitting or multiple-sitting jobs. You'd have to have a way of locating the last detail record for a job, and also not allow creating a new detail record without the prior one having been closed out.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Time Clock - Wall time and work time (VB 6, Acces 2k)

I think I understand what you are saying. Not sure how to go about it. But I will try it out in the next few days.

Thank you