Thread: Move image (97)

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Move image (97)

Hi - On one presentation, when you try to move an image in slide view or master view, it appears that a copy is made (ie it looks on the screen like the image is there twice). When you view it in slide view however it is as you would expect. This is only happening on one presentation - is there a setting somewhere that we should change?? I have attached the troublesome file.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Move image (97)

This is more than likely a video problem. First thing to try is changing your hardware acceleration as explained at http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00129.htm

Next thing to try is updating your video driver.

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Thanks for your response - unlikely that it is related to the video as it happens on at least two computers with completely different specs and only happens in one particular presentation. I will try your suggestion anyway when I get back to work on Monday.

Cheers

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, the presentation doesn't have an extra copy of the clip or anything that would cause this type of behavior, and I don't see any animation settings or anything that would cause it to appear twice. That would only happen in slide show, though, not in normal "edit" mode.

Often, display issues such as what you describe are due to hardware acceleration and video driver issues. It's possible that the different computers have the same video card, which would help explain why you're seeing this on those machines but not necessarily on others. Perhaps the reason for this on the one particular presentation has to do with the type of object the clip art is or something.

Then again, sometimes there's not an easy explanation for why something happens. But it won't hurt to try hardware acceleration. And if that doesn't fix the problem, maybe try updating the video drivers. Oh, you could always see if changing the monitors' refresh rate helps, but I'd still go with hardware acceleration first.