3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

links in posts and downloading mail (Outlook 2003)

Have just made the switch from OE to Outlook 2003 for the first time, and I have a couple of very basic questions-please be patient with my ignorance!
    If I read Lounge daily archives in the pane on the right of the screen, the links work and I can jump to individual posts from the index and back again. If I open the archive to full page, the links don't work and I am taken to the IE "cannot find server " page.
    I filter mail via MailWasher, and when I have processed the mail (deleting spam), Outlook opens, but unlike OE, the mail does not download automatically and I have to click "send and receive." Only minor issues, but I wonder if there are any ways to change these behaviours.
    Am using Norton Internet Security 2004 with the Norton AntiSpam turned on within Outlook, on a PC running Windows XP Pro SP1.
    Sincere thanks for your guidance
    Dianne

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: links in posts and downloading mail (Outlook 2

Could you expand on what you mean by "If I open the archive to full page"? If that means you open the individual message, I am unable to duplicate your experience; also running WinXP SP1.

Downloading automatically can be set up as part of your Send/Receive options found by choosing Tools|Options| Mail Setup.

HTH
    Gre

Thanks

Re: links in posts and downloading mail (Outlook 2003)

I find it odd that the Preview Pane gives you more functionality than the message viewed full screen. But then... I don't have Outlook 2003.

I believe Outlook checks mail automatically at open if you have it set to check at specific intervals. In Outlook 2002, this setting can be found under:

Tools>Send/Receive Settings>Define Send/Receive Groups... (can be called up with Ctrl+Alt+S)

Select the relevant account(s)

Schedule an automatic send/receive every __ minutes

Does this at all jibe with your situation?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, unkamunka. In the preview pane the links between the index and individual posts works.
    When I open the message (viewed in html) and click external links e.g. to the Lounge web site, there are no no problems.
    If I click a link within the index, or "back to index" I am taken to the IE "page cannnot be displayed" page, rather than to the individual post or to the index.
    In addition, while this happens most of the time, the internal links do work from time to time i.e. the problem is intermittent.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Your problem with the internal links on the Daily Digests is not one which I am experiencing when I have a message open. When the problem is intermittent, is it one particular message or is it all messages during that particular Ourlook session? If it is the former, then it might be something to do with MailWasher.

A clumsy workaround could be to increase the size of the Preview Pane by temporarily closing the Navigation pane (Alt + F1 on your keyboard) and drag side of the folder pane to make it as small as possible.
    Gre