Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2000 (Forms & Reports Field)

I will do my best to explain this problem.
    I wanted to change an existing table so I actually had the words "Filled" or "Unfilled" instead of using a table with only 2 items. I thought it would be easier (no links, etc.) because I was having problems with the cbo box on the status field on my form.

I added a field to my table called "status" - it's a text field, 10 characters. I updated it with either 'Filled' or 'Unfilled'. I opened my form. I added "status" to my query. I pulled down the field list and selected 'status' - drag & drop onto my form.
    I open my form and if the field is 'filled' then it shows up. If the field is 'unfilled' it' blank. My query behind the form returns the correct values.
    I did a compact & repair on my db & my tables. Same thing happens. I try a completely new field: I added a field called 'stupid' to my table. I go through the same steps to get it on my form (remember the query behind the form works perfectly) so now when I open my form, for the field called 'stupid' I get #Name.....

I also have a report to print this status. The query behind the report also works. The report will show "filled" for every single record.
    HELP

I am absolutely at my wits end. None of this makes any sense what-so-ever.

Could someone shed light on this or help me fix it? I'd really appreciate it.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 2000 (Forms & Reports Field)

When you dropped the control on your form, is it a textbox or a combo box? If a textbox, is there anything in the format property?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps there is a name conflict. If you have a control on the form whose Control Source is Status, and another control whose Name is Status, Access gets confused. Check the names and control sources of the controls carefully.

Also check the names and control sources on the report. You dnon't happen to have set the control source of a text box to ="Filled" or something like that?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans
    I wondered about that which is why I created the field called "stupid" and just dropped it on the form. It's name is stupid and it's source is stupid - so I'm going to change the name as you recommended. I know to change the name from the control source and I usually do - maybe I've just overlooked it this time. I've done this hundreds of times and cannot figure out what it is. I know it's got to be something simple that I'm overlooking. I am going to review form very carefully and see if I can find anything that might be screwing this thing up. Last resort is to recreate the form - Thanks for your input.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mark
    when I first created this form I used a list box since I only had the two items from which to choose. Because I've been having problems with that I decided to try the text box. The two times I am talking about this is a textbox. There isn't anything in the format property. I'm going to look again as Hans suggested and see if I can find it. I've just never had this kind of problem before and it's driving me absolutely mad......
    thanks for your help.