2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot run Web site templates (FrontPage 2002)

I recently upgraded from FrontPage 98 to FrontPage 2002. All last week I was able to run the various web site templates, e.g., Corporate presence, personal web, etc., practicing before trying to build a real web site. However, today when trying to run the web site templates, I get the following message: "Could not find a web server at 'fm40901' on port 80. Please check to make sure that the web server name is valid and your proxy settings are set correctly. If you are sure everything is correct, the web server may be temporarily out of service." I reinstalled FrontPage, shut down and restarted, and still get the message. I am very new to FrontPage and would appreciate very much getting advice from anyone who can tell me what I need to do to run the web site templates once again. Many thanks...Mary

Thanks

Re: Cannot run Web site templates (FrontPage 2002)

Are you publishing your site to your own computer, or another local computer, or a host on the Internet? If it's the latter, any chance the host made a configuration change? If it's on a computer you control, could the web server service have been shut down or crashed?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have not yet published the web site. I was just in the process of designing it and practicing using the FrontPage features. Last week I had no trouble running the FrontPage web site templates, but as of yesterday is when I started getting the message and thus not being able to run the templates. I have no problem working on one of my previous practice webs, though. The problem only arises when I try to run one of the templates. Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Mary

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem resolved--it seems the default location somehow was changed to a strange "http:" address, which I had not noticed. I changed the default location to my "C" drive folder (MyWebs) and the FrontPage templates now run fine. Thanks!...Mary