2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excel & Palm IIIxe

I have a very large Excel spreadsheet, and would like to have my Palm IIIxe be able to take certain key cells, and have them insert the information into the spreadsheet (such as date, location, time on duty, time off duty etc.) so the spreadsheet will do the calculations. I have a copy of document

Thanks

Re: Excel & Palm IIIxe

Do you need all the data with you in the Palm or could you create a smaller spreadsheet for data gathering, sync that, and then update the data to your main spreadsheet on the computer (i.e., using a little bit of VBA code)?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, I do not need ALL data on the Palm. If I can just get the basic data that the spreadsheet uses to start calculations, then hot sync (like my Pocket Quiucken does) to insert the data into the spreadsheet, and have the spreadsheet do the calculations, it would be perfect.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

For Palms, I don't know of a conduit that will feed a spreadsheet. Pocket Quicken has a custom written routine to allow it to synch to its desktop brother. If there's such a thing for Excel, I haven't heard of it - but there are thousands of Palm apps, so I would recommend checking SourceForge and popular Palm websites (i.e. PalmGear).
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This sounds like an excellent idea. How do I do SYNC the smaller spreadsheet to the larger one using VBA code?

Thanks

Cross-posted in various forums - to prevent this topic and its replies diverging even more, please post further replies to <post#=315494>post 315494</post#>