Thanks

Margins in printed emails

Where do I set the margins to be used when printing out emails from Outlook Express? My wife and I use the same PC, Win 98, separate user profiles, separate identities in OE, but when she prints out an email she gets a margin of about 1.5 cm, whereas I get virtually no margin at all. I can't see where this is set.

Ian

James-1

Re: Margins in printed emails

Hi Ian,

I don't have the answer, but I have the same question. Maybe somebody can clue us in. I use a Dell (only user), Windows ME, HP psc 500, and my Outlook Express (OE 5.5) e-mail printouts give me 3/4-inch left and right margins (I want more).

James

Thanks

I've just worked out the answer. Outlook Express uses settings from Internet Explorer. In IE, you can set page margins and so on from the Page Setup on the File menu. I tried changing them, and it changed the margins on a printed email too. The only trouble with making them wider is that when you print out a web page you often want margins as narrow as possible so that you can fit it into the width of the paper. Anyway - mystery solved, I think.

Ian

James-1

Thanks Ian. I'll check it out. I rarely use IE so I probably never would have figured it out.

James

James-1

I tried it out, Ian. It is indeed the answer to the question; it works.

James