Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows XP (2002/Service Pack 1)

Try looking at the software recommended in <!post=this Star Post,296439>this Star Post<!/post> and see whether any of it finds a stranger on your system. HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows XP (2002/Service Pack 1)

How do I 'repair' Windows XP. I have suddenly got a problem with Windows XP loading OK and then not starting for approx 5 minutes. When I try to 'restart' it goes
    to 'saving setting' and then hangs. I have to switch off CPU to shut down. I cannot access Defrag and some other Windows add-ons. and some other progammes, like Norton utilities also just hang and I cannot alt-con-del them, the computer just hangs. have to switch off CPU. Cannot even run a virus scan fom Norton but have run one from their web site which confirms no Virus. My Virus definitions are always kept up to date. Am finding also that some applications I can access then not perform some actions. for example I posted this query to Microsoft (optimist!), copied it, saved it in a Word Doc. but when I then tried to copy that the action just hung and I had to C-A-D to get out of it. Have had Windows Xp for 2 Years, have Service Pack 1 and although I have recently installed a printer and external HDD neither created an immediate problem and the printer is working on my other PC. Did try to System Restore to a point beyond these installed items but it did not work. Any Suggestions