5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Select and Deselect Records (Access 2k3)

I want to be able to clear a yes/no field in a recordset. I have a form subform situation. A query first updates a yes/no field in a table based on a date from the main form. The subform is then based on a query that displays the complete listing form the table. (This is done so the client can review the table.) Everything works correctly. What I need or want to do is have a clear button that deselect all records selected. I know I could run another query, but is there a VBA method of doing the same thing? Thanks Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Select and Deselect Records (Access 2k3)

Running a query is faster than looping through a recordset, particularly when there are a LOT of records to change. There is no reason to do it in VBA when SQL is the more efficient method.
    Charlotte

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Select and Deselect Records (Access 2k3)

Thanks Charlotte. I had already went the query way. As I work with databases I often wonder if I am doing things the hard way. I prefer to do things right. I usually get the job done, with the Board's help, one way or the other. But I often wonder if I make it to hard. Thanks once again. Fay