4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report Question (2000)

Hi,
    This seems basic but I seem to be having a problem with it. I have a simple database, 1 table and each field is a question. It's an exit interview database for when employees leave, they are asked several questions. I want to create a report 2 ways. The one that is basic and I can do is 1 page of each report is all the questions with their answers. The other report I want is I'd like to list question 1 and then all the answers, then question 2 and then all the answers, etc. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that.
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Question (2000)

This is a limitation of the table structure you have. It would have been better to create a table of this form:

<table border=1><td>Repondent</td><td>Question</td><td>Reply</td><td align=right>1</td><td align=right>1</td><td>A</td><td align=right>1</td><td align=right>2</td><td>C</td><td align=right>1</td><td align=right>3</td><td>D</td><td align=right>2</td><td align=right>1</td><td>B</td><td align=right>2</td><td align=right>2</td><td>D</td><td align=right>2</td><td align=right>3</td><td>A</td><td align=right>3</td><td align=right>1</td><td>C</td><td align=right>3</td><td align=right>2</td><td>C</td><td align=right>3</td><td align=right>3</td><td>B</td></table>
    You should either convert to this structure, or create subreports for each separate question, and put those on a main report.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    That doesn't make sense to me. Are my fields suppose to be Repondent, Question & Reply? If so, I don't want to have to type in the question each time for each record. Everyone has to fill out all questions and it's the same questions for everyone. I don't need a respondent. We're not tracking who wrote the answers.
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No, of course you don't want the user to type in the question for each record. The numbers in the first columns are meant to represent a (possibly anonymous) Respondent ID, and a Question ID, which corresponds to a question in another table. In the form used for entering the replies, the question text would be displayed instead of the question ID.