New Lounger
    Thanks

scrolling (Windows XP)

I am sooo frustrated. All of a sudden when I click below the scroll bar to move down or up the page one full screen, it scrolls me about a screen and a half. I have looked everywhere to see where this setting might be and cannot fine anything. It is not happening in all programs. It happens in my email messages in outlook and in my browser. Do you have any idea what I can do? Thanks very much

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: scrolling (Windows XP)

Quoting from WWW #6.27
    <hr>Security patch MS03-048 / 824145 makes Internet Explorer behave in frustrating ways. In particular, after you install the patch, any time you click in an empty part of the scrollbar (which is to say, anywhere except on the "thumb" or the up-and-down arrows), IE scrolls up or down two pages instead of one, and text that was selected on the page is deselected.<hr>
    For tips on what to do, read the whole article at http://www.woodyswatch.com/windows/a...plate.asp?6-27.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

Thanks

There also was a very extensive discussion of this over on the Internet Explorer board in this thread. At the end of the day, I'm not sure it's worth following the steps there to "roll back" vs. living with it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Harrumph! Thanks for the info - I will let it be! I guess I missed that issue of WOW. I appreciate the quick responses from everyone.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

BTW, this wasn't in WOW, but was instead in WWW (Woody's Windows Watch).
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.