4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Query Specifics (2000)

Hi, I have a query that lists by name the name of people who have called the office and how many times that person has called. Problem is (I didn't build the database!) that the names of callers are entered in by the user so you could have caller John Jones who has called 4 times then Jon Jones who has contacted 6 times. Jon and John are the same person, unfortunately the first and and last name are in the same field. I have been tasked to find how many times given people have called, there are over 1500 entries and consolidating manually is tedium as you can imagine. Are there any ways I can automate? I have attached my query and the run results on a word document for reference. Many thanks Darren.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Specifics (2000)

You could try to split the names into first name and last name in a query, and sort on last name, then first name; after that, it's still handiwork.

But with entries like "Park row (LDS) Jeff Boulton" and "Dominic Stwo at Independent Fin Co" you're going to run into difficulties anyway. It's almost impossible to handle such cases automatically.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Specifics (2000)

Thanks Hans, thought it would be difficult, I have inherited the database from someone who the company think is the gospel, I know different but office politics and all that!