Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Overactive mouse?!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it's my best guess, so here goes.

Has anyone else had a problem whereby the mouse suddenly starts moving much too far on each click, for no apparent reason? Specifically, you know how if you click into a vertical scroll bar, but not on the block in it, the screen should move up or down one screenful? Well, my mouse at home has suddenly started moving *two* screenfuls per click - it's almost as if it's reacting to the button going down and again when it comes up!

It's driving me round the bend! The only way round I've found is to click just below or just above the box so when the box moves it hits the cursor immediately and can't go any further - which means moving the mouse every time and watching where it moves to, and makes scanning a long document or webpage much more difficult than it used to be!

Any suggestions as to what I might have done to have this happen - and how to fix it! - would be greatly appreciated!
    Beryl M

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Overactive mouse?!

It's not a hardware problem, it's the latest Internet Explorer update. Many users are annoyed by this behavior. The only way to fix it is to restore your system to a data before the update, but that will re-open security holes that were plugged by the update.

See the thread starting with <post#=311997>post 311997</post#> in the Internet Explorer forum.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Overactive mouse?!

Hans, thanks for the heads up - and thank God I'm not going mad after all!

I might try replacing the dll this evening to see if if fixes it on my machine, because it's driving me scatty!!
    Beryl M