2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report from linked Excel file (2002)

I have 12 files (one for each month in the Fiscal Year) which are downloaded from the mainframe into Excel. Each time the file is downloaded, it overwrites the preceding file. My supervisor wants a "prettier" report than just printing out the columns. If I set the report up in Excel, the new file doesn't have the settings so I have it all to do again. I thought I would be adventuresome and try linking the excel files to Access, and setting up the reports in Access.
    I have the files all linked, and am setting up the first months report. While the linked table shows all the information in the Excel file, the report has only 60 rows then just stops. Why?? What can I do. This seemed like such a good and simple idea.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report from linked Excel file (2002)

Take a good look at the design of your report. There is no built-in limitation for reports based on linked Excel tables. I just tested, to be sure, and can display many more than 60 rows in a report based on a linked Excel table. Things to check:
    - Did you base the report on a Top 60 query?
    - Does your report display only summary data?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report from linked Excel file (2002)

We may never know. I just used the Wizard to make a new report and it looks fine. See what I get for trying to design my own? I couldn't see where I had done anything limiting, but something must have happened. Thanks anyway, I guess I just haven't outgrown the Wizard where reports are concerned.