Star Lounger
    Thanks

UDB Linked Tables (MS Access 97)

I have linked a number of tables from a UDB database to MS Access 97, all bar one table can be seen and manipulated as expected. However one table in table view shows that all the records as #Deleted. I can see the records via a pass-through query which returns them as read only. I have dropped the table and re-linked several times. I have rebuilt the UDB table but I still have the same problem. Has anyone come across this before?

Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: UDB Linked Tables (MS Access 97)

I have no experience with this myself; the following is from searching the newsgroups.

1. Does the offending table have a primary key? This is required if you want the table to be updateable in Access.

2. It seems that some field types in the primary key can cause problems in Access, such as Timestamp and Decimal.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

There may be something in this , I do have a primary key which includes a timestamp. I think I may create a view breaking out the timestamp to see if this helps.

Thanks
    Caz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The reason Timestamp is a problem is because it doesn't have an exact equivalent in Access and Access doesn't recognize the datatype, which is not the same as an Access datetime field.
    Charlotte