2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Front page does not publish (Front Page 2000)

I have FP 2000 running under XP operating system with all of the latest MS critical updates.
    I cannot publish one web site that has RealAudio files associated with it.
    Before publishing online, I always publish locally on my machine to test the publish action and to get a final look at the new version before it goes online.
    When I publish another web site without any audio files, the publish completes with no error.
    The publish action always appears to stop while uploading the first audio .rm file. I never see any files in the audio folder that normally contains all the audio files. These files have been online and operational for a few months.
    I want to update some other text information on the site. The audio files have not been touched.
    When I check the application log in the eventviewer, I see warning message entries but they do not give me a direction to go in order to resolve my problem.
    Attached is a word document with 2 examples of the message properties.
    Thank you for any suggestions for resolution
    Norman

Thanks

Re: Front page does not publish (Front Page 2000)

Hi, I don't see your attachment (perhaps it was too large?).

I know that my host prohibits certain file types. Check with your host and make sure that file type is permitted. How this is enforced, I don't know, but maybe that is the problem.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello:
    There was no attachment because I did not pay enough attention to the red lettered warning. I executed a spell check after attaching the Word file.
    I have attached the file just to complete the original posting
    I have good and bad news though.
    I started checking my MS updates and found 2 that were installed yesterday and KB810217 refers to having something to do with FP extensions. I removed this update and my publishing worked as before.
    Now I can continue to work but I am concerned about this update. Has anyone else noticed a problem with it?

Thanks

I haven't read that bulletin, but I would expect that any vulnerability in the FPSE on your computer could not be exploited if you have a firewall blocking access to your computer. Something you might want to report to Microsoft, though, because when your host gets around to updating, the problem could return... or maybe these things just need to be synchronized somehow. (Very mysterious.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

I also have been having a problem saving pages to my server. everytime i hit save i am prompted repeatedly for my pasword even when i was already conected to my server. its anoyen. i am also having more of a problem doing the same thing but with a subdomain. it will save what ever it likes and apear to work normal when i put it in preview mode or edit mode but when in htm editing mode there is very lil there and when i save all the info was gone and it seemed to ad a metta script with something about a border that spaces out the left half of my screen. i went as far as to save a page to a domain first wich would alow the media 9 project i was trying to upload to my sub domain to work then take the same page and save it to a subdomain and it wouldent work so then i renamed the page saved it to a domain then saved the same page to my subdomain with a one leter diferent file name and it worked .so i removed all the files with that originol file name in the sub domain restarted everything computer n all then tryed it again and still woldnt work. im gonna try to uninstall the same thing as you and see if that helps. i have a feelin it has to do with the fact that the page i am trying to updait on my subdomain has recently become my most popular webpage at my site since it started ranking 1st for a keyword phrase that over 400,000 other people are targeting...its also funie that i can take this page save it anywere else and it works. i even saved it replacing a diferent file than i wanted to at the subdomain and it worked it just wont let me call this page the name i want to most all the page will save but the media components will not work.... uhh its crazzy..let me know what you come up with.. im running xp pro with frontpage 2002 trying to save a media 9 project to a file that is a subdomain and recives excelent ranking at the searchengines