4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mass Mail Virus / Blocked Senders List > Return? (6.0)

People,

In Outlook Express 6.0, I continue to get swamped with the Microsoft Mass Mailer virus infected e-mails. Fortunately, NAV catches & quarantines them all.

But, I'm beginning to get @#$!%; & want to respond with something . . . well, vindictive.

As the messages come in (once the infected attachment has been quarantined), I add the sender to my Blocked Senders List. All this really does is delete any future messages from that sender. So . . . I was wondering, is there a way, using Mail Rules, to set up the blocked senders as automatic return forwarding? Maybe with a message that reads, oh, I don't know: "F _ _ k you?

And, is this a good idea? [someone (in this forum, I believe) told me that any returns out of your mailbox to these knuckleheads only serves to verify your IP Address, which in turn makes you more vulnerable.]?

Thanks,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mass Mail Virus / Blocked Senders List > Retur

>any returns out of your mailbox to these knuckleheads only serves to verify your IP Address, which in turn makes you more vulnerable.
    This is definitely true. With all due respect, your energy is better expended on other things.
    Gre

Thanks

Re: Mass Mail Virus / Blocked Senders List > Return? (6.0)

No, no, no. See, the viruses use random addresses from the victim's address books, web pages on their computer, their wallet, under their mattress, etc. In other words, if the victim knows me, and the virus sent you the message with my address as the From or Reply-to, you would be sending your vindictive message to me. And that would make me think you were a d _ _ khead.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mass Mail Virus / Blocked Senders List > Return? (6.0)

unkamunka & jscher2000,

I get it.

Thanks very much,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012