5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Finding a Brought Forward figure (2000)

I have a list of dates and carried forward figures (representing correspondence uncompleted from the previous date). I also need a BroughtForward column that looks at the CarriedForward from the previous date as a default. I was thinking of using the DLookup function to look at the previous date.. However, I need to exclude Weekends and any bank holidays! Any ideas, Andy!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Finding a Brought Forward figure (2000)

You need a unique key field for this. See ACC2000: Referring to a Field in the Previous Record or Next Record for methods you can use to retrieve the value of a field from the previous record.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm almost there myself. I've got a table listing dates and the prior working date as two separate columns. I then need a DLOOKUP to use the prior working date to pick up the previous CWD figure to use as a BFD figure. However, I can't quite get the DLOOKUP to work.. Andy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Can you post the DLookup expression you have now (even if it doesn't work)? Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps you don't need a DLookup:
    Create a new query; add the table with the two date columns, and two instances of the table with the Carried Forward figures and dates. Link one instance to the first column, the other instance to the second column (the prior working date); add fields from the first instance to the design grid, plus the Carried Forward figure from the second instance, and give that an alias of Brought Forward.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excellent! I always try to avoid DLOOKUPs where possible. Andy.