Lounger
    Thanks

Numbering (MS Word 2000/SP3)

I want to number tickets from 001 to 250. When I used Format, Bullets & Numbering, Numbered & selected 001, 002, 003 the tenth ticket number was 0010! I expected & wanted that number to be 010 so that the numbering will go to 099 & then to 100.

How do I do this? I'd be pleased to learn.

Malcolm Walker

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Numbering (MS Word 2000/SP3)

Hi maclolm,

Try using a Sequence field instead of numbered paras. This lets you put your numbers wherever you want them, without tying them to para markers. For example:
    1. Press Ctrl-F9
    2. Between the braces, type SEQ No # 000
    3. Press F9
    4. Simply copy & paste this field to wherever you want it. For immediate updating, select each copy and press F9. Otherwise the fields will update when you print (or close & open the file) anyway.

In the Sequence field, 'SEQ 'is the field descriptor, 'No.' is the sequence name and '# 000' is a numeric picture switch that forces the result to display with 3 digits.

Cheers
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Numbering (MS Word 2000/SP3)

Thank you for your response; your suggestion worked out well for me. I had some trial & error to get it right but that the result is well worth it; it is better than being spoon-fed! For instance I found the right click menu Update Field renumbered the tickets for me with one click.

Malcolm