Thanks

Toolbar Changes (MSO2K SR1a)

I kinda understand, but don't...

I customized my toolbars, when I was in the Inbox. but when I access web shortcuts from the Outlook Bar, the toolbars all switch to some other modification...

How can I set it so that whatever setup I use *stays there* -- "forever"?

Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Toolbar Changes (MSO2K SR1a)

Are you saying that when you next go back to Inbox - or when you next reopen Outlook - all your customisations have disappeared?
    Gre

Thanks

unkamunka:

After I have "set up" the toolbars, then, if I go to a web page "internally"... that is to say that it loads inside of Outlook, the toolbar arrangement changes... such as loading tje Web toolbar, after I had disabled it.

Then, when I return to the Inbox, my toolbars come back...

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I have always understood this to be default behaviour. Many of the various components of Outlook have slightly differing toolbars. When you are replying to an email, you will find that the toolbars are slightly different from when you, say, read the email in the Preview Pane or when you are looking in the Contacts folder. If you want your customisations to show up in the Web Browsing component, I believe that you will have to customise the toolbars while you are using this function. I know that I have had to do this for, say, writing emails. HTH
    Gre

Thanks

unkamunka:

I think so too... but what a pain... cuatomization can be enough of a pain by itself ...where'd I see that wish list...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hey, this is one thing that has always been necessary to remember about Outlook - right from the getgo. It's really several apps bootstrapped together; with glossy packaging over the top. The technology to make it all run as a single integrated product has yet to be developed. Something called Chandler has been emerging over on the Open Source side, and in Windows, the Longhorn project. Both of those, however, are many months (or years) out. BTW FYI the Outlook browser component has been removed in Outlook 2003 - at least partly on security grounds, so they say.
    Gre

Thanks

unkamunka:

I suspect it's a fairly well accepted premise that Outlook (like Office in general(?)) is trualy integrated, as much a "pasted together... you can't fault a guy for wishing though...

Now, Outlook removing the browser in 2003... that's new (at least pour moi) makes me even more inclined to leave my Office at 2000, my Windows at 2000, and wait for the (as yet) whispered Longhorn...

Chuck