Thread: Next page field

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Next page field

I've been using the field code "/...{={Page}+1}" (without quotes) in the footer of my letter template to indicate that there are more pages to follow and it works like a dream .... except for the last page. I can insert a section break and make it different from the rest, but this is a pain. Is there any simple way that I can have the field code miraculously disappear on the last page, but appear on every other?

Thanks

Re: Next page field

Try this:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q211/7/55.ASP>Q211755</A> WD2000: How to Use a Field to Print Text in a Footer Except on Last Page

SUMMARY

This article describes how to insert a field into a Microsoft Word document footer that prints the word "Continued" on all pages except the last page.

I think you should be able to adapt it to your need.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Next page field

Thanks, Leif, for your reply. The article helped.

I like to put a "/...#" before my next page number or you could put "continued on page #". Anyway, following up on the article, here is the way you would put your field in the footer to get "/...2" to show that page two followed, but nothing on page 2 if it is the last page.

Control F9 gives you the curly brackets.
    {if {numpages}>{page} "/...{={page}+1}" ""}

It worked for me. I trust I didn't miss a bracket. I hope it works for you and it helps someone.