Thread: Favorites Icons

Thanks

Favorites Icons

I understand that special site icons are set up on the index page (?) of the site, so that when I create a shortcut, the icon "appears"... -- just like my Control Panel page for WOPR...

But is there a way to "freeze" this icon? Download it? If it gets "screwed up" so that the default icon shows, the only way I know to set it again is to re-create the shortcut...

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Favorites Icons

It is a file named favicon.ico in your Temporary Internet Files folder; its internet address will be listed as http://www.wopr.cpm/favicon.ico or something like that. You can make a backup copy of this file in another folder; it will automatically be renamed to something like favicon[1].ico. If you lose the icon, just copy it back into your Temporary Internet Files folder.

Thanks

Thanks Hans.

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Chuck--

When you say "of the site," I'm not sure if you are referring to sites in general. One simple thing that may be been there done that to you that took me a while to appreciate is if I understand you that when you want to preserve or capture a particular favicon, it's going to reside in your temporary internet file folder until you clean them or until you reboot sometimes (but not always even if you don't have things checked to "clean TIFs on reboot.") You can get the favicon by adding "favicon.ico" to many but not all urls's. To keep it, drag it into a folder and rename it and then you can exchange it through the rt. click>properties dialogue boxes for most icons and folder icons.

SMBP

Thanks

SMBP:

Format for adding favicon.ico to the url?

Chuck