2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

track changes questions (xp)

In looking through other postings on this topic, I found and have read the "Do you want to merge chnages?" article. From it, I understand - I think - that Word documents sent via Outlook will automatically have the Reviewing toolbar turned on and changes will be showing if you answer yes to the message that appears.
    My question has to do with templates saved on a network drive. These seem to have Track Changes automatically turned on also - OR if I see the toolbar and deletions etc when I open one of these templates, does that mean that someone opened the template, turned on Track Changes, then saved and closed it?

Thanks - Nancy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: track changes questions (xp)

In Word 2002, when the Track changes has been turned on in any document, the 'Reviewing' toolbar stays open until it is forced to close (right-click on Toolbars and click on Reviewing to Toggle on/off). If Track Changes is currently turned on in your document/template, the TRK on the bottom status bar will be illuminated (usually is greyed out) to show this feature is active. I'm thinking that Track Changes may have been on for another document/template and the toolbar is still being viewed - but tracking is not actually turned on in your templates.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: track changes questions (xp)

The "merge changes" prompt apparently only happens when you get a Word XP document back through Outlook email and you've got Word set as your email editor in Outlook. I was able to get rid of these prompts by deselecting the "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages" option box at Tools-Options-Mail Format.