Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sharing Violation (Access 2000)

I have a database with lots of sql tables linked. I am trying to make a new table out of a number of the sql tables with a make table query. This has worked fine for 2 months. Now I get an error message telling me that there is a 'sharing violation with the tblBillingData' - that is a local table that I want to make new with the make table query. I can close the form from which I run this, delete the table manually and start over without any problems. From the form I can run the make table repeatedly without getting the error message - after I have deleted the table manually first. Once I close the form and re-open and then try the make table query, it gives me the error. I cannot delete the table from the form, but from the database window it works. The database is not shared although it is set-up to be shared in Tools/Options.
    If I delete the table with code on opening the form it wworks fine. What I am worried about is the error message and the fact that the table may not exist when I open the form - at which point I get an error that the object does not exist, which is correct.
    I have looked in Knowledge Base and not found anything.

Any idea why I get the error messgae and how to fix this?

Thank you so much - all of you having helped before and thank you for any help on this issue.

deutsch

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing Violation (Access 2000)

"Sharing Violation" doesn't always mean what it says. The simplest way to deal with this is to do something like this is code:

On Error Resume Next
    CurrentDb.TableDefs.Delete <tablename>

On Error Goto <error handler>

That deletes the table if it exists and ignores any error if it doesn't.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing Violation (Access 2000)

Thank you Charlotte - that did the trick. Do you have any idea what causes that error message to pop up? I am a little worried that the database worked fine for 2 months and only started givng the message recently.

Thanks,

deutsch