Lounger
    Thanks

Frames 'appearing' in doc - 97 to 2000 (Word 97 and 2000/XP)

Hello,

Our company is working on converting everyone to either Office 2000 or XP, but it's a slow process, and some people are still on Office 97. We are seeing something weird happen when documents are passed between people who have different versions. It seems to happen mostly with tables. Tables within the documents are placed into frames, which then float all over the place in the document--covering up other text, "falling" off the page, etc. We can easily fix it by removing the frame, which embeds the text or table back in the document where it belongs, but can anyone give me any information as to why this is happening and how it can be prevented? I searched the MS knowledge base with no luck.

Thanks in advance!
    magella

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Frames 'appearing' in doc - 97 to 2000 (Word 97 and 2000/XP)

We never found a global solution to this problem. However the reason for it is because of the way 2002 treats tables. Tables in 2002 are treated more like objects (in the way you size them, move them around etc). This causes problems when taken back to 97, but I seem to remember that the obverse applies as well - ie some tables created in 97 appear as frames in 2002 - not sure of the reason for this