3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

formatting Win 2000

Can someone please give me the list of things to do after we put in the Start-up floppy?
    I beleive you start in DOS, then type c: .......after that, I can't remember. Also - Is it possible to put Win98SE in after it's formatted?? Thanks for the help.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: formatting Win 2000

Preparing a Hard Drive Step By Step

And I'm not sure what you mean by is it possible to put Win98SE in after you have formatted. Are you trying to install Win2000 or Win98SE?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The machine was bought used with 2000 in it - nothing but problems since - We also have a Win98SE disk, and if it's possible we'd like to installl Win98SE after we dump the 2000.........if it's possible? Thanks for the quick reply, Cowboy.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

After formatting the drive you can install whatever operating system you choose. Given that you bought it used, I would be inclined to think that whatever problems you are having with Windows 2000 are due to the OS being previously used and abused. For what it's worth I would not install 98 on any system over Windows 2000, given a choice. 2000 is far more stable and better all the way around...not to mention 98 is on life support from Microsoft and future security updates will be slow in coming (if they come at all).
    -Mark