3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE-5.5 limit of graphics? (IE5.5 w/SPI 6.......)

I know that IE and Photoshop have problems working together.Re-sizing about 100 images usually ends before I'm finished
    with "IE caused an invalid page fault in Kernell32".........., and the computer is frozen..But, I never get a reason. If knew what the limit was, I could control how much stuff I'm going to work on in one session to avoid IE going nuts. (nuttier).
    Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Re: IE-5.5 limit of graphics? (IE5.5 w/SPI 6.......)

What's the connection between IE and Photoshop in your scenario? Is it just a matter of both of them contending for the same limited memory/disk resources, or do you have a workflow that requires them to cooperate in some manner?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The images go from a Cad Cam program, then to Photoshop for resizing and changing to gifs for the web. IE is the default
    image-processor for gifs, and that's where the problem starts. IE somehow manages to "scrunch" the images to smaller than thumbnail size, but this usually happens when I've done up to 50 images and worked html for web presentation. Hope this
    makes enough sense to answer your question. Thanks for the reply.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Are you puting 50 images on one html page?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, not 50 on one page, but 50 done in a batch that will become about 5 or 6 pages. The procedure is:
    3D output in bmp or jpg, usually 600 x 400, resized to 350 x 200 or less. Then, take 5 or 6 of these resized images into
    html for a full-sized page presentation. I do all the images in one routine for speed and ease........then, IE will often jam up
    and quit somewhere along the way. That's why I wondered if there was a limit in IE that causes the freeze-up? I'm running
    win98SE with 512 mb ram, and nothing else running when I'm doing this. Hope this helps.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

What are the file sizes in KB's after the resizing run?

I think your real problem is opening 10 images per page that are of the size you are making them. It is a Windows 98 memory problem and not a IE problem.

You stated 'Nothing else running", but what is listed if you open "Task Manager"?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Running is Photoshop, IE, systray , ixapplet and scan registry, and when I'm doing it, notepad (for html).
    The Cad Cam program has finished and the images have been transferred to Photoshop.
    Each image is around 18kb or less.

Thanks

At what step in the process does IE step in? If you are inserting IE into the process manually, does waiting for Photoshop to finish cure the problem?

Regarding the scrunching, IE seems very consistent in using 96ppi/dpi as its display size (subject to modification by HEIGHT and WIDTH attributes in the IMG tag). Perhaps there is something you can tweak in your Photoshop workflow to force the output to that resolution.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip - I'll try to learn how to do that in Photoshop.
    IE is used to display the html for checking before uploading to the web. Editing them obviously saves working on the
    website after they're up. Saves time and embarassment when I put the wrong caption with the wrong pictures, eh?
    Ironically, when I tried to find the size of the larger images, I called up one of the pages in IE, and it scrunched the gifs
    and locked up the computer! I thought I had gotten past that part of the problem, but apparently not. I just LOVE Microsoft!