Lounger
    Thanks

There is no object in this control (Access 2k)

I was called up to fix an error on MS Access 2k. When the program loads up, an error message pops up automatically saying "There is no object in this control". I got admin rights (the system is on NT2k) and unregistered, then registered MSCAL.OCX. Also, COMDLG.DLL is in order (or atleast I think it is). Can someone help me out? I'm clueless!

Note: I did not create the database, and have no idea what it does.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: There is no object in this control (Access 2k)

You say that this happens "when the program loads up". Do you mean that it happens even if the Access application is started without opening a database? In that case, see if Help | Detect and Repair is able to fix it.

If it happens when opening a specific database, it could be because the database uses non-Access controls and it was developed on another PC than the one on which it is used now. It might help to delete any non-native controls and create them anew.

Lounger
    Thanks

Well, the thing is, the database is on a shared drive, and 3 other computers load the db without the error message. The base just got new Dell computers and they are all configured the same, so if that were the problem, then that would mean that the others couldn't run it. Its exclusive to just this PC.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That the database is on a shared drive is not relevant to this problem, but if they are new and really have the same configuration, the problem becomes harder to pinpoint. If the database contains a non-Access control, its functionality is loaded from the local copy of the associated ocx or dll. The usual cause for the problem you mention is that different PC's have different versions of this ocx or dll installed, but that is improbable here.

Another idea is to re-register DAO 3.6 on the problem PC:
    - Select Start | Run...
    - Type Regsvr32.exe "C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedDAODao360.dll"
    - Press Enter.
    Note: the above instruction contains the default path for DAO360.dll - replace it with the actual path if it is different on this PC.

Lounger
    Thanks

I tried the Regsvr, and an error came back to me:
    "DllRegisterServer in "C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedDAODAO360.dll" failed
    Return code was: 0x8002801c

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That would indicate that there is a problem with DAO360.dll. What happens if you move or rename it, then select Help | Detect and Repair in Access (you will need the installation CD), or copy DAO.360.dll from one of the non-problematic PC's?

Lounger
    Thanks

I copied the file from one of the pc's that runs it fine, but it still gives me that error when i try to regsvr it

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you tried Detect and Repair?

Lounger
    Thanks

It was decided that its not a programmer's problem and we turned it over to the PC techs, so I am no longer working on it. Thank you for your help though.