Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report From A Crosstab Query (A2K)

Hello all !

I have a 3 part question that hopefully someone can help with any or all 3.

1. I have created 2 crosstab queries and need to create a third using the select query of "Qry All Meters 2003 > 101 5 High And Med Flow " utilizing Size, H , M, and Meter # ( H and M standing for High and Medium Flow Rates ). Even thou this query returns no information I still need to show a 0 count. However I am at a loss as to how to create this one. I guess my problem is I need to many fields from which null information is provided.

2. I created a report Rpt2003StatisicalAccuracy from " Qry Crosstab All Meters 2003 > 101 5 High And Med Flow " and would like to know if it is possible to have a meter number where the accuracy result is null not show in the report?

3. Is it possible to add, what will be 2 additional queries ( Qry Crosstab All Meters 2003 < 98 5 or > 101 5 Med Flow and Qry All Meters 2003 > 101 5 High And Med Flow or Crosstab for this query from above question), to the the " Rpt2003StatisicalAccuracy " so that all information can be combined in one report?

Thank you in advance for any and all help !
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report From A Crosstab Query (A2K)

Hi Jeff,
    I want to address the overall basis for your report: "Rpt2003StatisicalAccuracy" and your use of crosstab queries. For what you are trying to accomplish, I see no need for crosstab queries. By eliminating the crosstab queries and leveraging the sorting and grouping properties in your report, you can simplify things greatly. I attached a database containing your original tables and a single query and a single report (suffix NEW). The report accomplishes what you are asking in bullet #2.

As far as bullet #1, I attached another report that has some simple VBA to hide certain boxes on the 'no-data' event and make visible a text box stating that there were no test failures.

For bullet #3, you could use a union query or subreports or a few other techniques to accomplish this. Take a look at what I attached and see if it helps generate new ideas.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Dashiell
    Attached Files Attached Files

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello Dashiell,

I want to thank you for your assistance with my reports and query's.

To be honest this looks great!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm glad I could help. By avoiding the crosstab queries you save time in report creation. Let me know if you run into any other questions.